Tuesday, June 17, 2008

sweet colorado . . . but hot






Got this in from Sue today. I can relate to the Western Colorado June heat. Having grown up in Grand Junction, I know about 100 degree days in June. Actually, when I moved to Denver, it seemed a little weird to me not to have it that hot in June. You won't find very much shade over there either. I hope it does get cooler as they head into the mountains across the South of the state. Soak it in for the next few days because you won't get the scenic vistas for a while.

"Too tired last night to write--really long, VERY hot day, 100 miles across the desert of Western Colorado and nothing out there, not even a truck stop!We kept running out of water, one guy's bike thermometer measured 106 degrees--glad I didn't know that till we got to the hotel Rode all day on I70, really glad to get to Grand JUnction. By the way, the pink couch was in a really cool coffee shop in some little town, couldn't pass that one up! Today we did 75 miles into Montrose, supposed to be a "rest" day but didn't feel like it cause again it was in the high 90's. Can't wait to get up higher tomorrow where it's cooler, altho that means more climbing!Things are still good so far, the heat has really bothered me but I guess I'd better get used to it, coming up on Kansas! Really miss everyone, can't wait for our second day off in Pueblo,only 4 more days!"

No comments: