Tuesday, June 24, 2008

All aboard for Dodge City!!





Once again, what a difference a day makes. Today was AWESOME, 56 miles of rolling hills, feedlots, (you can smell them miles away), in by 10:30 this morning and boy was I happy. Nothing in old downtown Dodge City, even rode thhe bike down to try to find an old salloon but nada, had to settle for Appleby's, not nearly as glamorous but it worked. Passed by a really cool marker and sign for the Sata Fe Trail, couldn't see much but I know it was there. It reminded me of flying over Raton in the plane, could actually see the ruts and stuff from the trail.It really feels good to just sit here this afternoon, am gonna find my book and go lose myself for awhile. As soon as Audrey brings her laptop I'll send some pics--not too much here but everyday is different so here ya go!85 miles tomorow, not so bad after what we've been doing, I think the trick is to start really early and ride your butt off to try to miss the hardest part of the day--works good in theory!!

1 comment:

Caborado said...

Did the balloons lighten the load?