Saturday, June 7, 2008

Ahhhh Nevada

Been a couple of days, didn't have good email service last night in this little town in Nevada, never lack for slot machines though! We did 93 miles yesterday, mostly flat, some rolling across the desert, pretty desolate. Rode an amazing 80 miles on Interstate 80, not a lot of fun but not as bad as I thought it would be.The weather is still cool, sixties, which saved us, but after 6 something hours on the bike I was toast, drank a beer with some of the guys and immediately went to sleep or became unconscious, not sure which!Today was 74 miles, flat but ALL into a headwind. I was saved by about 15 other guys in a double paceline no less, first time for me but it saved my life. We just got to Winnemucca, not sure of it's claim to fame, but boy, I'm glad to be here. Not a lot of pics in the last couiple of days, will try sending some tomorrow--miss everyone tons, thanks for all the support, it keeps me going.

No comments: