Sunday, June 1, 2008

Saturday night news from San Fran

Sue sent this in on Saturday night. Today she'll do leg one of the trip.
"Wow, today has been a little overwhelming, met 40 other people doing this ride, huge range of backgrounds ,abilities and locations, nine from out of country, all united in this one crazy dream of ours. The ride tomorrow sounds confusing, with lots of turns and directions, over the Golden Gate Bridge and into Sausalito then winding our way to Fairfax, 82 miles away. The weather is cloudy and very cool, should warm up as we get away from the coast.Spent the last couple of days exploring San Fran with my sister Mary, was awesome to have her here--we hit all the highlights and finally managed to figure out the BART, a lesson in itself! I'm excited, a little nervous, can't believe this is finally here and anxious to get started. I miss everyone already, know the Team has probably just had the mission of the year and I missed it! Take care, my thoughts are with all you guys on my very special "biketrip list. I'll write more tomorrow after one full day on the bike, only 51 to go!"

No comments: