Monday, July 7, 2008

Relief for now

Yesterday was actually a really nice day, crossed over into Indiana and one more time zone--now I'm REALLY confused. Don't think I've lived in the eastern time zone in 25 years.Still pretty flat but fewer cornfields and bigger trees, towns a little closer together and beginning to get more interesting. Rode with the "hot shots" yesterday for all day--3 guys, a German, Aussie and Brit, who amazingly slowed their pace down for a day so a few of us middle of the roaders could keep up with them. It was fun,rolled into the hotel at 1:00 in the afternoon after doing 85 miles--"short day" ha!Today we woke up to popuring rain, thunderstorms and lightening all around and after breakfast and much deliberation they started shuttling us in the vans into Indianapolis so we might actually wind up with 2 days off because tomorrow is our off day. Probably not a bad thing and I mostly just want to get home safely, isn't worth the risk. I don't know what I'm going to do with 2 days off the bike , probab;y go into wirhdrawals! At least we're right downtown and there is tons to do--just rest up and enjoy walking around.We have only 13 riding days left, really hard to bel;ieve. The rest of this week is hard, 5 days and 500 miles(wow)and the hardest thing at this point is the mental challenge ogf getting on the bike every day doing 80 to 100 miles each day--it ranks right up there with dangling from that Blackhawk! The ultimate goal , tho, is finishing,= and boy is that gonna feel great. Thanks for all the support--you guys are my inspiration for all you do and I know that everyone is rooting for me. It's a wonderful feeling to have you all in my life- I am one VERY fortunate woman.

No comments: