Monday, July 21, 2008

One More Day

wow, just got in after 90 miles, actually one of the toughest days of the whole ride, good thing they didn't tell us that yesterday!Hills and hills and hills--some this morning were clocked at 22 percent(by gps) and the way we were struggling I believed it, almost a mile of that grade, thought I was gonna die. Then more climbing this afternoon topped off by 3 hours of rain, soaked when we got in but so happy to be here that words aren't adequate.I got flowers from my friend Simon, such an awesome surprise,and am doing laundry for the very last time-yeehaw!!! Tomorrow is supposed to be easy, 60 iles to the ocean so we'll see.CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE. My neighbor Jim is picking me up at the airport so all the rest of you who offered are off the hook--thanks so much for the offers. So--tomorrow I box up the bike for awhile but will be back on it soon.

No comments: