Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Along the lakes

Thanks for all the great words and encouragement for the last couple of days, have heard from several of you. We got to Canandaigua today, really pretty ride, slow rolling hills but not a terrible mount of climbing. I was actually in a solitary mood and rode the majority of the day by myself, made it the last hundred miler of the trip--was supposed to do 95 miles but HAD to see Lake Canandaigua, one of the finger lakes--it ws GORGEOUS ! Lots of sailboats and kayaks, sat there for awhile and drank a beer with a few other riders. I think that's century number 13 for the ride--don't plan on doing any more soon! We go to Liverpool tomorrow--short day! 65 miles. Makes me think of the Beetles--boy does that date me or not.I;m taking my bike to mechanic's hour tonight and putting 2 new tires on, have had 3 flats in the last 3 days--ctually have gotten almost 5500 miles out of these tires so they deserve to be retired!Probably could apply that to myself, hmmm.Take care, ca n't wait to see everyone, I'm planning on going to Lexi's for the birthday gals, hope to see lots of you there, will bring pictures to share. More later-----

No comments: