Monday, July 21, 2008

Just a couple more


Wow, one more state today, started out in the rain but quickly stopped and it was cool and very humid the entire day but great for climbing. We crossed into Vermont and started up the hills--10 m iles of climbing to a summit then downhill then one more big climb over hogback mountain. BEAUTIFUL coun try, similar to the mountains in Colorado yet different, I have got to figure out a way to come back here in the Fall, it's gotta be spectacular.Two really beautiful New England towns, Bennington and Wilmington, along rivers and lakes, just a fantastic day. Have done about 80 miles a day for the last 3 days, one more tomorrow then a quick 60 miles on Tuesday into Portsmouth.Tomorow we have the "last supper", the final dinner for the trip in Manchester. We have a chance for all of us to get up and say something, know that I'm going to be absolutely tonguetied. Words cannot express adequately what I feel right now-maybe after a few days I can come up with something worth being printed.I have met the most fantastic people and done the greatest trips on a bike--the sport has been truly lifechanging for me. Never did I guess when I took up cycling about 15 years ago that I would have this experience.Life constantly drops gifts in our lap--I'm so fortunate to have the good health to enjoy them. Take care, my friends and my family--I will see you very soon. Lots of love to everyone----, saw my first reallife Vermont covered bridge today---COOL!

No comments: