Monday, July 14, 2008

Welcome to Erie, PA


Wow, one more century yesterday to make 4 in a row--first and hopefully last time ever! Although I'll have to say it feels pretty darned good to get it done. We got to Erie about 3:30, the lake front is only 8 blocks away from the hotel but I couldn't drag my tired butt down there, will do that today--so excited to see my first Great Lake.We had a great meal last night and actually went to a pub down the street for a drink since we're off today--managed to stay up past dark--barely. I have somany mixed feelings right now, can't believe we only have 8 days left, has passed so slowly and yet so quick. Wondering how I'm going to feel when I get home, suspect there is going to be a huge letdown and wandering around aimlessly for days, wondering where all my new buddies are and shat the route for the day is. I'm not sure how long it will take to ship my bike home, probably take it out for a spin when I get it, maybe just a measly 50 miles or so.The last couple of weeks cycling al l the back roads has been spectacular, really gives me a feel for small town America and I'm impressed.Tomorrow we actually cross into New York for 3 days I think(whoops, hit some strange key and it changed the letters, oh well)I'm trying to figure out how to maintain this level of fitness when I get back, have probably dropped 5 or 6 pounds even tho I've been eating nonstop, have increased my speed on the bike by 2 or 3 mph--don't know,maybe you guys can drag my ass up a few mountains.I definitely don't want to keep riding 90 to 100 miles a day, least I've figured that out! Will probably take the whole month of August off and regroup--bring those missions on!My niece is having serious surgery the day I get back, will likely make a quick trip to Little Rock once I know the house is still standing. I can;t WAIT to see everyone and catch up with all of you--your support has kept me going and I truly could not have done it without every one of you. Thank you SO much- -I'm going to head down to the lake and relax, see if I can stay out of trouble. Talk to you soon. Love-----

No comments: