Wednesday, July 16, 2008

To Hamburg in her own words

Left Erie after a cool day off, rode about 15 miles that day to find a beach and sat my butt down on it for a long time--it was spectacular! Relaxed and did laundry the rest of the day, back to the Bay to watch sailboats in the evening, maybe a new sport I take up, requires sitting for long periods.Yesterday we did 85 miles, mostly along the shore of Erie. Felt like I was in California---lots of vinyards and the lake actually looks like the ocean. Beautiful day--75 degrees and sunny skies, passed into New YOrk about the 20 mile mark--SO excited I can hardly stand it. Even tho it was a relatively easy ride I felt like I was riding in mud all day, energy level was really down. Maybe just an acumulative effect of the last 2 months.We go to Canandaigua today, on one of the finger lakes, supposed to be really beautiful--another 95 mile day, last really long day of the tour. I can't believe we'll be done this time next week--will write more tonight, gotta load up.Have a wonder ful day!

No comments: