Monday, June 23, 2008

Welcome to Kansas if you're so inclined


Sue and her gang made it from Lamar to Garden City, KS today. Enjoy the flats for a while.

Another really long day today, passed into kansas and also crossed the time zone so it's an hour later.Very flat, lots of cattle feed lots(smelly!) fields, small rolling hills, heat and wind. seems to be the thing of the day probably from here on out. We did 106 miles, second consecutive century in a couple of weeks and no, they're not getting any easier!I had a minor meltdown at the 65 milemark but after pouring a couple of bottles of wter on my head managed to finish, cruising in around 3:30.We have a short day tomorow!Only 50 miles and I think we're all ready for it, into Dodge City, need to dig out my cowboy boots.Pat, you asked me if I thought this would be harder than Kilimanjo--that would be a definite yes, probably the hardest thing I've ever done and I'm not there yet!But we're slowly approaching the halfway point , think I'm gonna bronze this map when I get home, better even than TS's tennis shoes!Inside joke, sorry.TS is coming to Mcpherson Kansas on thursday, I can't wait!Sorry no pics tonight but will send more tomorow between looking for more hot cowboys----

No comments: